A full retune should only takes a few minutes and can be done with your remote control. Here are some guidelines for how to do it, but bear in mind every model of digital TV or box will be a little bit different.
- Make sure your Freeview TV or box is on and in digital mode, usually by pressing the DTV or digital button on your remote. Then press 'menu'.
- Select the 'set up' or 'installation' option. If you see picture icons, select the tool box, satellite dish or spanner. If you are prompted for a code, try 0000 or 1234.
- Select the full retune option. This is sometimes called ‘first time installation’, 'factory reset', 'default settings' or 'shipping conditions'. Do not select 'channel update' or 'add channels'.
- Press ‘OK’ if your equipment asks if you want to delete all your channels. Don't worry this is normal
- Channels will automatically be installed. This may take a few minutes and your equipment may shut down and restart
- In some cases, where transmitter signals overlap, it may be necessary to carry out a manual retune.
Note: Depending on your TV equipment, you may need to update your favourites list following a retune. Some digital recorders may require scheduled recordings to be reset.